Brand Enforcement Program Manager APPLY NOW
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION & HISTORY:
Bug Bite Thing is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company seeking intelligent, energetic, and forward- thinking individuals to join its outstanding team. Bug Bite Thing originally started in the garage of the founder’s home, and has since been featured on Shark Tank, The View, Good Morning America, People.com, and many other large media outlets. Bug Bite Thing’s mission is to educate the world on a more effective, chemical-free way to alleviate the effects of bug bites and stings. As Bug Bite Thing continues its global reach, more talented individuals are sought to support the growth of this organization.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), as the Brand Enforcement Protection Manager, you will help identify potentially fraudulent uses of our copyrighted works and trademarks while developing procedures and best practices related to intellectual property and domain protection efforts. The Brand Enforcement Protection Manager will develop, manage, and administer the Company’s global brand protection strategy to help protect our global intellectual property from online threats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement brand protection and enforcement strategy
- Continuously monitor Bug Bite Thing intellectual property and domains both directly and with/through outside vendors
- Investigate unauthorized uses of Bug Bite Thing’s brand in the market or online, determining if it
- violates patent, copyright, or trademark laws
- Audit, identify and elevate any policy violations to senior leadership to determine remedial action
- Ensure collaboration and communication for each enforcement case with key internal business stakeholders
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, as appropriate, measuring key KPI’s for each enforcement case and training & awareness initiatives. Identify gaps and trends and propose ways to effectively address them
- Ensure accurate and relevant enforcement activity data in the region is reported regularly to senior leadership to enable timely decision making
- Initiate websites take-downs and/or civil actions against online counterfeiters and large scale online b2b, b2c distributors of counterfeit products and work with relevant online platforms to identify major online suppliers
- Leads Project zero – which is the counterfeit removal in all 17 countries on Amazon
- Redpoints main point of contact and portal maintenance (Brand abuse, copyright infringement, counterfeits, and seller tracking)
- Develops a Trademark Certificate Management program
- Maintain records of Bug Bite Thing’s Trademarks and Copyrights to prioritize searches and
- enforcement in line with Bug Bite Thing’s priorities
- Maintain tracking systems to provide on demand notice about ongoing enforcements
- Provide strategic and tactical expertise on combating copyright and trademark infringement,
- counterfeit sites, and pages.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on ways to defend and protect our business from cyber threats.
- Trademark searching, clearance, prosecution, office action responses, and maintenance of trademark portfolios.
- Handling and organization of international trademark filings and portfolios
- Investigation and analysis of trademark and copyright infringement
- Drafting cease and desist letters.
- Drafting license, settlement, coexistence, and assignment agreements involving trademarks and
- Copyright analysis and preparation and filing of copyright applications.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Great interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities
- Professionalism and self-motivation to reliably deliver on assignments
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative and innovative spirit
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization and externally
- with third parties
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and rapid growth and adapt to change
- High level of emotional intelligence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience in intellectual property, domain protection or operational security
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years law firm experience in the practice of trademark and
- copyright law.
- Highly prefer candidates possessing a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree
- Experience identifying website registration records
- Functional understanding of DNS systems and web networking
- Working knowledge of SEO and social media
Bug Bite Thing is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Bug Bite Thing is targeting a start date for June/July of 2021. For applicants that are not near Port Saint Lucie, Florida please plan accordingly. No relocation assistance is offered at this time.
Due to the volume of inquiries received we may be only able to contact those being considered for the position. We thank you in advance for your interest in our organization.|||Port St. Lucie, FL|||Sales & Operations||||||t1RKZMi_3lAN9M5K|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false