General Manager APPLY NOW
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION & HISTORY:
Bug Bite Thing is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company seeking intelligent, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join its outstanding team. Bug Bite Thing originally started in the garage of the founder’s home, and has since been featured on Shark Tank, Today, Good Morning America, People, Forbes, Fast Company, HGTV, and many other media outlets. It is the #1 selling product for insect bite relief on Amazon with over 30,000 positive reviews and is currently located in over 26,000 stores nationwide. Bug Bite Thing has received many awards and seals of approval for its growth and leadership, including the 2021 BIG Innovation Award Winning Product, the 2021 National Parenting Product Award, the 2020 Stevie Awards for Women in Business: ‘Consumer Product Company of the Year,’ ‘Fastest Growing Company of the Year,’ and the 2020 Best in Biz Award for Most Innovative Consumer Product of the Year. Bug Bite Thing’s mission is to educate the world on a more effective, chemical-free way to alleviate the effects of bug bites and stings. As Bug Bite Thing continues its global reach, more talented individuals are sought to support the growth of this organization.
Bug Bite Thing is currently seeking a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage our organization's business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring, and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring, and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The noteworthy General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales, and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization's image, and meet overall growth objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design overall strategy and set goals for the overall growth of the organization
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to identify opportunities through development of analysis, reporting, metrics, and change management that raise visibility to achieve team goals.
- Lead coordination and integration of efforts among operations, sales, marketing, customer service, warehouse, and finance departments to produce smoother workflows and more cost-effective business processes.
- In partnership with owners and management, lead the effort to correlate organizational goals to departmental goals, set them up for achievement and assist each department with goal completion according to established deadlines and timeframes.
- Control budgets and optimize expenses
- In partnership with owners, prepare yearly budgets and continually manage and review revenue and expenditures to hit financial goals of the organization.
- Ensure optimal productivity in Supply Chain and Warehouse operations through operational excellence, process improvement and consistent resolution of challenges.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy, procedural and infrastructure changes.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to implement policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe
- Ensures employees are motivated and productive
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred
- 7-12 years General Management experience to include hands-on day-to-day operational experience
- At least 5 years of management and leadership experience in a high-growth environment (start-up experience is a plus)
- Experience scaling a company from $10M-$50M in revenue
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Previous proven experience building a strong, cohesive team
- 3 years quality, distribution operations, retail lean or statistical experience highly preferred
- Formal Green Belt training or lean certification highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma highly preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Resiliency to deal with ambiguity and lead through change
- Ability to influence at all levels; demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Strong organizational and project management skills from conceptualization and implementation to follow up
- Able to evaluate financial and business data into actionable insights to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Bug Bite Thing is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This is not a remote opportunity. This position works in the office Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm EST. Due to this being a senior level position within the organization there will be some work outside of normal office hours.
Bug Bite Thing is targeting a start date for July 2021. For applicants that are not near Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34986, please plan accordingly. No relocation assistance is offered at this time.
Due to the volume of inquiries received we may be only able to contact those being considered for the position. We thank you in advance for your interest in our organization.|||Port St. Lucie, FL|||Administration||||||_rHLNsgRwDUTkb9x|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false