Sr. Art Director, Digital APPLY NOW
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION & HISTORY:
Bug Bite Thing is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company seeking intelligent, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join its outstanding team. Bug Bite Thing originally started in the garage of the founder’s home, and has since been featured on Shark Tank, The View, Good Morning America, People.com, and many other large media outlets. Bug Bite Thing’s mission is to educate the world on a more effective, chemical-free way to alleviate the effects of bug bites and stings
. As Bug Bite Thing continues its global reach, more talented individuals are sought to support the growth of this organization.
Bug Bite Thing is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Art Director, Digital to lead our brand creative and collaborate with a talented team of designers & marketers who are looking to disrupt the competitive landscape. Reporting to the Creative Director the ideal Sr. Art Director, Digital will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, to promote our company values and brand message. We are looking for an experienced digital designer, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
They are responsible for developing and maintaining a clear vision and delivering a captivating brand message that speaks directly to the reader, viewer, or user. A successful Sr. Art Director, Digital is a leader that is open to the influence, inspiration, and expertise of the people around them, leveraging the widest array of talents, strengths, and weaknesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to own a project/campaign(s) through the entire design process – from brainstorming and ideating, to design and implementation
- Lead overall brand creative and content across 360-Marketing channels; especially online and digital ecosystem; including but not limited to company’s website, landing pages, display ads, email comm’s, paid & organic social media, in-store displays, and other marketing materials and initiatives
- Manage, maintain, and enhance our user experience in both our Shopify & Amazon stores ensuring brand consistency across all consumer touchpoints
- Own Email Channel look & feel, creative strategy, and campaign deployments
- Analyze market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape to develop strategic campaigns/messaging to maximize campaign performance; top/middle/bottom of the funnel across entire consumer journey
- Align with supervisor and international partners to ensure all websites, marketing & creative is accurate in-market, and meets brief/project(s) requirements
- Collaborate and manage department’s workflow, quality, productivity, and overall project deliverables and deadlines
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and streamlining processes and tools to support in-house global marketing for an effective global brand positioning
- Work closely with creative, marketing, sales, and customer service divisions to make create decisions that are on-target hitting marketing plans and campaign briefs; determine how best to represent a concept visually for desired target audience
- Align team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget throughout the duration of a project/campaign
- Work with the broader creative team to establish a unified brand voice for the company, helming a creative audit to elevate our design and perception globally
- Manage team’s workload for overall team success; share insights with the team regularly and showcase talent
- Present and/or oversee presentation(s) of final concepts for approval and coordinate production and cross-channel deliverables
- Develop compelling ideas, campaigns, and creative solutions that can work across all marketing outlets, especially online/website experience, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Review and approve design work, photography libraries, and other assets
- Connect with international partners to ensure artistic approach and style resonates in region
- Collaborate with the broader department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years as a professional digital designer with 4+ years of experience in managing a team of designers and/or contractors; ideally in an in-house team or agency setting
- Ability to create multi-channel campaigns and digital portfolio demonstrating strong concept work
- Expert knowledge in responsive web design and online behavior for all things digital; UX/UI front-end
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and other digital tools; HTML/Code a plus
- Deep understanding of typography, color, layout, and brand systems implementation
- Highly skilled team player with experience leading creative talent
- Strong creative vision with ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment, changing priorities, feedback, and tight deadlines
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in fine art, graphic or visual design, or similar discipline; Master’s degree a plus
- 8+ years as a professional digital designer with 4+ years of experience in management role
- Prior experience as a Digital Art Director/Designer i.e., Web Design, UX/UI, Social Media platforms, motion graphics and/or video production
- Solid knowledge in online banners, digital display, eCommerce best practices, and current trends applications
- Web development experience; previous Shopify experience a plus
- Basic HTML/Coding skills a plus
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit and roll up your sleeve’s mentality
- Position will have 2 direct reports
Bug Bite Thing is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This is not a remote opportunity. This position works in the office Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm EST.
Bug Bite Thing is targeting a start date for May/June 2021. For applicants that are not near Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34986 please plan accordingly. No relocation assistance is offered at this time.
Due to the volume of inquiries received we may be only able to contact those being considered for the position. We thank you in advance for your interest in our organization.|||Port St. Lucie, FL|||Marketing Department||||||VF38_zePdzJpGN_G|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false