It has been an interesting summer, to say the least! While it is often easy to focus on what we could not do, at Bug Bite Thing, we are choosing to reflect on all the new things we had the opportunity to learn, experience and create.
What filled our summer days and nights? Cross-country road trips with incredible sights. Overnight stays at Airbnb gems in areas we hadn’t previously thought to visit. Outdoor projects to connect with the kids while also encouraging them to disconnect from devices. Luscious new gardens overflowing with flowers, fruits and vegetables … and bugs, too. Last-minute glamping and camping excursions (sometimes in our backyards!) filled with hikes, wildlife and dips in the springs.
As we say goodbye to summer and think back to our favorite memories of the season, we want to share some of the inspiration behind our adventures. Here is a roundup of articles with tips, tricks and tidbits we urge you to take advantage of before summer ends.
- “How to Vacation at Home: Amp up Your Staycation With These Travel Ideas,” Bug Bite Thing, Jun. 12, 2020.
- “Camping Essentials: The Gear You Need for Success in the Outdoors,” Bug Bite Thing, July 26, 2020.
- "Road trip essentials for safety, comfort and entertainment with lifestyle expert Stacie Krajchir,” KTLA, Sept. 1, 2020.
- “How to Grow Your Own Vegetable Garden at Home,” Bug Bite Thing, July 4, 2020.
- “Back-To-School Clean Beauty Hacks,” New York for Beginners, Aug. 29, 2020.
- “Nontoxic Ways to Prevent Mosquitoes,” Bug Bite Thing, Aug. 9, 2020.
- “DIY: How to Make a Fairy Garden and Gnome Home,” Bug Bite Thing, June 24, 2020.
- “The Best Gardening Accessories You Can Buy Online Right Now,” by Ysolt Usigan, Woman’s Day, Aug. 21, 2020.
- “Which Blood Type is Most Attractive to Mosquitoes?” Bug Bite Thing, Aug. 2, 2020.
- “Best Camping Gift Ideas,” Park Ranger John, Aug. 27, 2020.
Did you find any of these articles useful this summer? Show us your best summer staycation photos, garden shots, outdoor project pics and mosquito prevention methods on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter. Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more great articles like this.